Saturday, September 1, 2012

Week 2 Chapter 6 Discussion 3


Chapter 6 discusses about recognizing, analyzing and constructing arguments in depth. When you are making a claim of statement or argument, wording plays a big role in it. Just like what the book uses an example of the lost of wallet and if someone hears you say "Who stole my wallet?," he or she is making a strong statement which accuses people around him or her take the wallet away on purposely. I remembered I learned arguments in my other communication class- Public Speaking, and I learned that the way you present and draft the argument is important because that is the way in which others receive from your argument. There is an image at the very end of chapter 6 shows that how to evaluate a good argument. A good argument should be crystal clear to audience, support by evidence, related to the main idea, complete idea along with the conclusion, and is the premise valid. This chapter taught me materials on arguments and I learned to make decent arguments and how to determine an argument is a good one or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment