Saturday, September 8, 2012

Week 3 Chapter 8 Question 1


I think Sherlock Holmes is a great detective as he analyzed all the factors while solving the case. People often just judge what happened by feelings. For example, one time my cousin found a wallet right in front of our front door. He wanted to give it back to the owner of the wallet so he tried to find the owner’s information in the wallet, then he was able to find the person’s identification which found out that she lives right across the street. When my cousin rang her bell and tried to give her back the wallet, she accused my cousin has been stalking her for a long while and stole her wallet. She did not give a chance for my cousin to explain what happened. My cousin was just being nice and wanted to return it back but ended up like that. She accused my cousin based on her own feelings and judgments. She had no facts to back up her accusation. This example shows what Holmes was talking about in his quote. 

1 comment:

  1. Hey Adrian I agree with you. Many people in the world these days almost always use feelings when arguing with someone rather than using logic. Us humans are usually like that though and it is hard to use logic when you are mad. I do not know how the lady came up with her accusation and I really do not know why she would be mad more over than happy and glad that someone found her wallet. Some people in this world are just really ignorant and do not know how to show appreciation which would have been the right thing to do. That is why I like Sherlock Holmes. Since he uses facts and not feelings.

    ReplyDelete