Thursday, September 27, 2012

Week 6 Chapter 2 Question 1


I believe my strongest strength is good adaptability. My major is International Business and I believe this field requires good adaptability. Businessmen or businesswomen who have that skill can easily adapt the environment wherever they are at. For example, if I am working in an International firm and the company sends me out to South Korea to start up some franchise electronic stores, I will be doing anything I can to familiarize with the place I am at. I can conduct studies about the electronic preferences of Korean once I get used to where I am. Therefore, I will have a better work performance because I am able to settle in South Korea easily and to work efficiently. Moreover, good adaptability is very important for International business workers as most of them need to travel around the world with tight schedules, and that can help them to work in different places. In this case, the reason I am able to work while I am around the world is good adaptability. 

Thank you for reading!

Adrian (:

4 comments:

  1. I think your strength is perfect for your career choice! It would be pretty difficult to have that as your major, but have a hard time adapting to new places. I also believe that this is a quality that I have myself because I love to travel, but I don't think it's my strongest strength. My major is pre-nursing, so since I also have that strength, I could be able to travel to other countries to help those in need. It sounds like a lot of fun to be able to travel the world for a career! It's basically like having fun and getting paid to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that what you're doing is awesome. International Business is so interesting and intriguing to me but I am not business minded, I am not nurture oriented. But, as a pre-nursing major like 'purple is the best' it is a major part of our job to be readily able to respond to adaptability. I also think that if good adaptability is your strength then you will succeed in your major. You have to be able to adjust in any situation and be able to adapt to your surroundings. I like seeing everyone's response to this question because our class is so diverse and even people with the same major have different strengths when it comes to reasoning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Adrian,

    I found your post interesting because one of my weaknesses is that I do not adapt well to change. Seeing how easy it is for you to adapt makes me want to work on that about myself. It is good that you adapt well because like you said, you study international business and that itself says traveling. Traveling all around the world for your career is important because employers always ask if employees are willing to travel and knowing to adapt in different environment speaks highly of a person. I hope to acquire this specific quality for my field of work in law since I will to be asked to travel often.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Adrian,
    Your post was actually very interesting for me to read, I for one am also a business man but in a very different field. I for one am also very good at adapting to new situations, when I was younger I moved about 7 times. I lived in Georgia for awhile then moved back to California and moved around the state to different locations. As a kid it was hard for me to be able to adapt to new schools and environment but every time it happened I became better and better at making new friends and being able to fit in. Adapting I believe is more of a practice and it takes effort to become good at it.
    -Mike Ross

    ReplyDelete