Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Week 14 Chapter 12 Discussion 3


In this chapter, I would like to discuss the scientific method in depth. The scientific method helps us to analysis based on the observation. There are five steps to process the method, which are: identify the problem; make a premise; collect data and information; test the hypothesis; and evaluate the results. We can use the scientific method as often as we want in our daily life. For instance, if I do not know how to cook a steak, I will make a hypothesis of boiling the steak in hot water for 15 minutes. Then, I can find information and recipes online to alter my hypothesis. After altering the recipe and my hypothesis, I can try to cook a steak with different methods I found. Finally, I can evaluate which cooking method is the best by tasting the steaks. This is a simple example that would involve the scientific method in our life and there are plenty of them.

Thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment