Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Week 9 Chapter 4 Question 3

In chapter 4, I would like to discuss experts and credibility when you evaluate the evidence in depth. There is many information everywhere, and we have to determine whether it is accurate or inaccurate. One of the way to determine it is an accurate statement by finding the reference or source. Often time if you find something that are written or edited by an expert, that particular document is most likely reliable and accurate. The reason why we trust those experts are they have sufficient knowledge and have done a great amount of studies on the issues. Therefore, experts are usually professors or lecturers in that field, people that have good reputation in that field, people that have done extensive studies in that field or have won awards, and people who have numerous experience in that field. For instance, when I am drafting my paper for a business class, I am likely to find some proposals that are done by experienced businessmen, or maybe find a paper that is done by an award-winning professor. That can verify the validity and accuracy of the piece of evidence I am using or learning.

Thank you for reading!

2 comments:

  1. This is a very interesting post! One thing that I have a hard time finding credible is Wikipedia. While there are lists of sources from which the posted information came from, I have no idea if the person who posted the article was citing the correct information or not. I don't even trust Wikipedia when I am looking for random facts or figures. When something comes from a research website, or even better a scholarly article, I have a much easier time trusting what they have to say. I hate to feel like im basing it off of titles, but Wikipedia lost all credibility with me when it posted some really wrong information about a subject I'm knowledgeable about.

    -CesarCOMM41

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Adrian,
    Your post was very well written and interesting, first off I would like to state that one of the hardest aspects of life is trying to find out if something is true or if it is false and your post helps differentiate the two. When I first read something on the internet more often then not I think it is falsified information that someone probably just made up off the top of their minds, but then I go into the steps that you are talking about. Such as looking to see where the information is from and seeing if it is credible and also I look at the author and do some basic research about them until I am satisfied that the information is true or false. I feel that with those two steps I am putting a good effort into finding if the information is accurate.
    -Mike Ross

    ReplyDelete