Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Week 16 Discussion 3


We learned many materials in this semester about critical thinking. I would like to discuss one of the concepts I think that is useful in depth. In chapter 10, it covers about marketing strategy & advertisement. The book introduces one of the marketing models: SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and threats. This set of model can help companies and individuals to position their business in the market. For instance, I am running an electronic store in a rural area.  I can make a list of SWOT to see how am I doing and what can I do to improve my business. I can expand the strengths and use the opportunities to develop new markets and customers. I will also be able to prevent profit losses and improve my company’s weaknesses by reviewing my weaknesses and threats. I think this is a very important model for businesses and this is the one vital business material I learned in a communication class.

Thank you for reading!

1 comment:

  1. Hello Adrian,
    I also think SWOT was a very important concept and one that I did not expect to learn in this course. Although, it is a business concept it did apply to what we were learning. I thought it was interesting how the book used a business concept to teach us way to look at marketing critically. I also like the way you expanded on the concept and tried to use a personal dilemma. This shows to me and future readers that you had a clear understanding of the idea. Great post and hope you have a great week of finals.

    Heisenberg.

    ReplyDelete